Support Material: Mental Health Act
PLEASE NOTE: The following documents have been donated by teams who are willing to share their experiences, expertise and knowledge. Please be aware that a considerable amount of time and effort has gone into the production of these documents and if you are planning to use them within your own organisation they should be referenced appropriately within your individual Trust Policies or Procedures. This is particularly important where the documents are copyright under intellectual copyright. If you are planning to use these documents in developing and producing work for any national or international organisation e.g. CSIP, NICE, National Prescribing Centre, Department of Health NIMHE etc. the author and/or organisation must be contacted to obtain their permission prior to use and where permission is given the correct attribution must be given.
- Second opinions under the Mental Health Act, an advice sheet and check list for pharmacists giving second opinions under the MHA (Angela Tettersell, 4.00)
- Second opinions under the Mental Health Act, a sample record sheet for pharmacists giving second opinions under the MHA (Angela Tettersell, 4.00)
- MHA Consent to treatment guidelines and some common questions and answers relating to consent, from Rampton. The Commission wouldn't officially comment on these statements, but they were happy to see them in place
- Consent to treatment, guidance note for completion of forms 38 and 39 from MHA commissioner Dave Branford (5.03)
- MHA second opinions, a document from South West London and St George's about Pharmacists acting as the "statutory consultee" to a Second Opinion Doctor with regard to Mental Health Act consent to treatment